We believe attorneys should be “deal makers,” not “deal breakers.” Whether you are selling your small business or purchasing a multimillion dollar company, our attorneys have the know-how and experience to guide you through the often complex process from start to finish.
Our business and transaction attorneys might typically guide clients in:
- Determining the best structure for a deal, whether it be an asset acquisition, stock sale, stock exchange, merger, reverse triangular merger, equity infusion, or other possible structures.
- Working closely with the clients’ accounting team to outline a structure that ensures the best tax treatment possible.
- Negotiating and drafting a letter of intent and related confidentiality agreements to ensure that key provisions are not omitted or overlooked.
- Negotiating financing documents with a client’s lender.
- Covering all areas that require due diligence investigation. With respect to any legal due diligence, we take the lead by reviewing material contracts, intellectual property documentation, litigation materials, and other documents so that any open legal issues can be addressed, clearing the way to finalize the transaction.
- Negotiating and drafting the purchase and sale agreement and the many ancillary documents required to effectuate the transaction.
- Obtaining all consents required prior to closing including governmental consents, contractual consents, and corporate consents.
- Closing the transaction.
- Making sure that any post-closing deadlines are met.
As a business owner, a merger or acquisition is one of the most complex transactions that you will ever encounter. Trust the team of experienced attorneys at Dworken & Bernstein to guide you through this process.