Expert Business Litigation Attorneys Committed to Resolving Business Disputes
When business disputes arise, you need expert business litigation attorneys committed to resolving your dispute favorably. The trial attorneys at Dworken & Bernstein aim to achieve a cost-effective and satisfactory resolution. Whether your business is the target of a civil lawsuit or the party seeking redress, we will help you understand and evaluate the issues surrounding your conflict, both from a legal perspective and from a cost/benefit perspective.
Avoiding Business Litigation: An Ounce of Prevention
Part of our litigation practice is helping you avoid litigation to begin with. No one wants to get distracted by business disputes. It can be costly in so many ways, both monetarily and otherwise. Our business litigation attorneys can look at your operation, identify practices that make you vulnerable to potential litigation and suggest changes to the way you conduct business and other protective measures.
When Your Business is the Target
We live in a litigious society. Your successful business may be viewed as a deep pocket and a become a vulnerable to a lawsuit. For some businesses, litigation is not an “if” but a “when”. Business conflicts are risky and unpredictable. Know that our business litigation attorneys have the skill and expertise to aggressively and strategically defend your position. Having Dworken & Bernstein on your side can be essential part of your overall strategy for success.
When Business Disputes Arise
Business disputes happen. There are many things to consider when you are engaged in a dispute:
- What are the alternatives to a lawsuit?
- Who is the other party? Are they worth pursuing?
- What is to be gained by prosecuting/defending?
- What might be lost by prosecuting/defending?
- Which court or tribunal will take your case?
- How strong is your claim or defense?
- What are the tangible and intangible costs to litigation?
Whenever possible, we will help you pursue negotiation, mediation, and other alternative dispute resolution methods. Some cases will have to go to court. In such cases our business litigation attorneys will navigate the complex court rules and devise strategies in presenting your case to the judge or jury.
Our Business Litigation Attorneys’ Track Record
Our attorneys handle disputes as varied and complex as today’s business world. We have a strong track record assisting businesses and business owners in a host of commercial litigation matters including those concerning:
- real estate issues such as easements, natural resources, wetlands, taxation, liens and foreclosure
- real estate transaction disputes over purchase, sale, and lease agreements
- financing and banking disputes
- corporate control contests, shareholder disagreements, and buy/sell disputes
- customer, supplier, contractor and all other contract disputes
- insurance claim disputes
- construction and design defect disputes
- employee relations disputes including non-competition clauses, confidentiality breaches, and customer or employee solicitation
- internal or governmental investigations
- regulatory disputes
- franchise and licensing disputes conversion