Christian D. Foisy
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- >Ohio Barred Attorney,
October 2018 Attorney Registration No. 0098049
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law,
Cleveland, OH Juris Doctor, May 2018, 3.337 GPA
Journal of Law, Technology, and the Internet, Senior Editor, September 2016-May 2018
- Xavier University,
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing,
May 2015, 900+ hours of clinical experience
- Xavier University Undergraduate Law Review,
Editorial Staff, September 2014-May 2015
- LoPresti, Marcovy & Marotta, LLP,Cleveland, OH
Associate Attorney, December 2018 – Present
- Perform legal research, draft memoranda, motions, and briefs covering various legal issues for litigation in state and federal court
- Handle breach of contract and business tort claims in state and federal court.
- Defend claims brought for violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Draft discovery requests and review subpoenaed documents in preparation for litigation, attend pretrial conferences, depositions, and settlement conferences.
- Represented employers in hearings before the Industrial Commission of Ohio on a variety of potential topics in workers’ compensation claims.
- Defend against suits in common pleas courts arising from claimant’s appeals from orders of the Industrial Commission limiting or denying workers’ comp benefits.
- Staff Counsel, The Cincinnati Insurance Company, Cleveland, OH
Law Clerk, May 2017-May 2018
- Perform legal research, draft memoranda, motions, and briefs in preparation for litigation covering various legal issues, including tort, contract, products liability, and agency law
- Assisted in defending claims against businesses and individuals insured by Cincinnati Insurance Co. arising out of tort or breach of contract
- Assisted in claims for subrogation brought by the company following payments made on behalf of the insured.
- Assisted in drafting a review of recent important decisions in construction law, published in the Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys’ Quarterly Review, Winter 2018
- Community Legal Aid Services, Akron, OH
Health, Education, Advocacy, and Law Team Intern, May 2016-August 2016
- Provide a wide array of legal assistance to clients referred by Akron Children’s Hospital, SUMMA Healthcare Systems, and the University of Akron Nursing Clinic
- Draft estate planning documents for clients
- Cincinnati Gaelic Athletic Association, Cincinnati, OH
Club Registrar, May 2014-January 2017
- Community based, non-profit organization promoting Irish culture and heritage through traditional Irish sports
- Register club members with the GAA headquarters in Ireland, attend board meetings
- Cleveland Gaelic Athletic Association, North Olmsted, Ohio
Club Member, 2018-Present
- Student Bar Association, Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Cleveland, OH
Budgeting Committee Member, August 2016-August 2017