Top notch employee representation on issues arising in the workplace. Our team helps clients successfully confront employers, asserting their rights.
Assert your rights in the workplace
Employment law attorneys help clients when an employer or a member of a company’s management team engages in acts and practices that discriminate against employees, harass them, or otherwise violate the various state and federal employment statutes. Violation of employment law can have serious detrimental financial and emotional effects on an employee.
- Have you been terminated wrongfully?
- Are you not receiving the benefits you believe you are entitled to?
- Do you feel you are being discriminated against because of your age, race, religion, gender, sexuality or some other pigeonhole?
- Are you being harassed- sexually or otherwise?
- Do you think someone is acting in retaliation against you?
Dworken & Bernstein represents employees in confronting these issues and asserting their rights in the workplace under Ohio common law and under federal and state statutes including:
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Civil Rights Acts (Title VII, Section 1981, and Section 1983)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Ohio’s Civil Rights Laws
- Ohio’s Wage & Hour Law
As always, we prefer to settle any disputes out of court. However, if it becomes necessary, we will litigate your claim in state or federal court. For advice as to whether or not you have any actionable case, call one of our employment lawyers today.
Employment lawyers also help clients negotiate contractual employment issues such as:
- employment contracts
- confidentiality agreements
- non-competition agreements
- non-solicitation agreements
We can help you understand both your rights and your restrictions under the agreement. In negotiating such agreements, we will help you minimize any negative impact. If you find that you have already entered into a questionable employment agreement, we can help you dispute its validity.